Sunday, February 20, 2011

a new painting i'm working on...


I went out to CA to visit family last month and had a great time! I brought my sketch book with me and did a little bit of doodling in my down time. I've started doing these kind of abstract kitties and really liked the way this one in particular came out. I decided to attempt turning it into a painting, which is still a work in progress, but I'm liking the way it's coming along...





I published the above post originally in February of 2011 and ended up putting this painting aside for a few months.  It is now finished and I'm very happy with the final outcome.  Here's a photo of the finished piece...


This piece is on a wooden panel and I used acrylic paint, oil pastel, and a Dremel tool to carve into the wood.  The strip of stripes of the left is attached with glue and screws and adds a bit of dimension to the flat piece.  It's kind of weird, but so am I! : )






2 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Cathy, I've been meaning to tell you how much I love your abstract pieces!! They are wonderful.

kittybutt said...

Thanks Caroline! How's your kitty? Sookie?